Star Trek Into Darkness To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Good day my friends, yes I know it is early or some of you might say "hey it's not Tuesday, it's only Monday, what's going on here?" or you could be thinking it's about time I did a review early. Well  regardless with whatever you are thinking my friends here is this weeks movie review a little early. This  weeks movie review is another one of the big summer blockbuster movies to hit the theatres this weekend. This time around we are heading back into outer space for a a voyage of action and thrills! This week we take a look at the sequel Star Trek Into Darkness starring Chris Pine( Unstoppable, Star Trek) as Capt. James T. Kirk, Zachary Quinto( Star Trek, Heroes) as Spock, Benedict Cumberbatch( The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey) as Khan , Zoe Saldana( Avatar) as Uhura. This movie also stars Karl Urban( Red, The Bourne Supremacy) as Bones, John Cho( Harold And Kummar Go To White Castle) as Sulu and Simon Pegg( Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol) as Scotty and was once again directed by J.J Abrams. So the ship is ready for its journey into space and we are ready here with our popcorn and drinks ready to watch this latest release so what do you say we go along for the ride, good lets go than!


Well it has been a little while since ewe have seen Capt. Kirk(Pine) and his crew of the Starship Enterprise Bones(Urban),Spock(Quinto),Uhura(Saldana), Sulu(Cho) and Scotty(Pegg). Kirk it seems though has no regards for Star Fleet regulations and with the latest mission he was on has cost him his Captains chair aboard the Enterprise and he has been ordered to report back to the academy for further training. But with some encouraging words from his friend and mentor Admiral Pike( Bruce Greenwood) Star Fleet has changed their minds and instead made Kirk Admiral Pike's First officer on the Enterprise. With a special session of all the heads of the Star Fleet Captains being convened to discuss the bombing in London of a Star Fleet archive by a member of their own ranks. Than unexpectedly the meeting is attacked by the man known as Khan( Cumberbatch) killing many of the Fleets captains including Kirk's friend and mentor. Kirk is reinstated as Captain of the Enterprise and with a  personal score to settle asks to track down this one man weapon of mass destruction. His journey will lead him to the Klingon planet of Kronos and the eventual capture of the criminal Khan. But with the capture of Khan, Kirk finds out that everything is not what it seems as he finds out the truth about the torpedoes he was given to kill Khan, the real reason behind his mission and about Khan himself as he does what he can to save his crew the only family he has left from being killed.


Well that sounds like an exciting movie so far doesn't it, well it was I am not going to give away too much for you soI don't ruin just in case you wanted to see it. Personally I thought this movie was well written and directed with plenty of action, excitement and humour throughout the movie.The acting was okay I mean it wasn't Oscar worthy but it was good. New comer to the franchise Benedict Cumberbatch did an excellent job as the dangerous one man weapon Khan and I quite enjoyed his performance and was really convincing villain.The chemistry between the cast member s was excellent as well especially between Pine and Quinto and gave us many funny and memorable scenes in this film. All in all I would have to say that this movie was well done and was fun to watch, sure it had a couple of cheesy scenes but this movie is not at all like what you would expect from a Star Trek movie.

Well I am almost at the bottom of my popcorn bag so I guess we should be finish up our journey out here in outer space. Now when it comes to this movie I am going to have to give Star Trek Into Darkness  a 7.8 on The Justin scale of movies as it had a good script, was enjoyable and fun. This movie was definitely worth your summer move dollars my friends so that is why I am going to make this movie a Pick-It movie. I would totally recommend going out and seeing this film, even if you are not a Star Trek fan or Trekkie as it called, I am not a or ever have been a Trekkie but I did enjoy this movie just as I did with the last one and you just might too.

Well there you have it another review in the books and just in time all my movie snacks are all done so I guess it is time to leave the theatre. So as we call it a wrap on the latest movie review I am just going to say as always Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing I will see you all again at the movies my friends. :)

Comments