Ironman 3 Takes Flight

Good day my friends and welcome back, it has been two weeks since I posted a fresh movie review but  sometimes the best is worth the wait. This weeks movie review was what i waited for and that was the kick-off to the summer movie season, which is the time of the year where we get all the big blockbusters vying for the summer movie dollars. So without further ado I give to you my review of the first big movie of the summer movie season Ironman 3 which has been #1 at the box office for the past two weeks now.This latest instalment to the movie franchise brings back series regulars Robert Downey Jr.( Sherlock Holmes, Due Date, Ironman 1&2) as billionaire superhero Tony Stark, Gwyneth Paltrow(Seven, Ironman 1&2) as Pepper Potts and Don Cheadle(After The Sunset, Ironman 2) as Col. James Rhodes aka Iron Patriot. This movie also stars screen legend Ben Kingsley( Ghandi) as Ironman's nemesis The Mandarin and Guy Pearce( L.A Confidential) as Aldrich Killian. This movie was written and directed by Shane Black known for the Lethal Weapon movies as he took over from previous director Jon Favereau who does reprise his role in this movie as Happy Hogan. The popcorn has been bought along with our drink and we got our seat to the show lets us go and see if Ironman can save the day to make our ticket purchase worth it.


It has been a while since we have seen Tony Stark( Downey Jr.) since the events that transpired in The Avengers and he has been having trouble dealing with it all having trouble sleeping and anxiety attacks. He has also become a bit of a recluse obsessed with building and improving his Ironman suits including being able to control the suit without him in it. This leaves control of Stark Enterprises to Tony's love Pepper Potts( Paltrow) and making quite a name for herself. But the world is at all not safe as a terrorist known simply as The Mandarin( Kingsley) has declared war on the United States and it's current President through a series of bombings that are quite hard to solve. The Mandarin though is not using just the ordinary run of the mill explosives he is using human time bombs, human time bombs created  by a technology that helps regrow human limbs and that can prove to be unstable. This technology is funded by industrialist and founder of a think tank known as AIM Aldrich Killian ( Pearce) who happens to be in league with The Mandarin and has a past grudge with Tony Stark. But when one of the human bombs goes off at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood seriously injuring Tony's friend Happy Hogan(Favereau) things start to get personal for Tony as he calls out The Mandarin to confront him so he can kill him. This leaves Tony's home to be immediately a attacked and destroyed and everyone thinking that he has been killed. But Tony still being alive must regroup to solve the mystery of The Mandarin and track him down and stop him in order to protect the people he cares about before it's too late.



Wow! What a ride so far we are being taken on, in fact I am almost done my my movie snacks her so we should get this finished up before the movie does. First of all I found this movie well written with a good plot line that was both exciting and interesting.Shane Black did a pretty good job with the 3rd instalment to the Ironman movies as he offered up the question about Tony Stark " Does the suit make the man or the man make the suit?"While there were some predictable elements to this movie it was still fun to watch with tons of action, excitement and humour. The cast of characters were good as well, and  the actors chosen to portray them did a fine job, particularly Robert Downey Jr. who has always seems to do a great job in his movie roles. Really I really don't have any negative things to say about this movie. It was overall a really well done movie.


So the movie is almost over my friends and I guess we should be wrapping this up as well. That can only mean one thing and one thing only and that is my rating on this movie. After thinking long and hard about what I should give this particular movie I have decided that I am going to give Ironman 3 a 7.9 on the Justin Scale of movies. It was really well done and worth my summer movie dollars, the kind of movie we would expect to see this time of the year. With that being said there is only one other part left and yes you know what that is and that is am I going to Pick-It or Flick-It and I am most certainly going to say Pick-It. This movie was worth my visit to theatre and would be worth yours as well my friends.

The light's are up, the credits are rolling on the screen and people are starting to file out of the theatre so I am thinking it is time to call it a wrap on this latest movie review. But before I go my friends just let me say this in my usual fashion. Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing. Until next time I will see you all again at the movies my friends:)

Comments