The Tale Of Hansel & Gretel:Witch Hunters

Well good day my friends, hope you are all doing well as we are wrapping up the first month of 2013. Now I know what you came here for and that is not to hear me babble on about myself, the weather and many other numerous topics. You came here for one thing and one thing only and that is a good old fashioned movie review  and only the kind I can give you.So for the final week of January I am giving you the review on the new action movie that was adapted from the classic fairy tale Hansel And Gretel.The movie I am talking about is Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters which has Hansel And Gretel hunting and killing witches after they had killed the witch in the candy house. This movie stars Jeremy Renner( The Bourne Legacy) as Hansel, Gemma Arterton(The Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time) as Gretel and Famke Janssen ( X-Men) as Muriel.The popcorn is hot and full of butter, we have our drink and our favourite seat in the theatre so lets have a look as the movie is about to start.


As small children Hansel(Renner) and Gretel(Arterton) were waken one night by their father and taken deep into the woods and left there without any knowledge why. Well as the story goes they find a house in the woods made of pure candy and they approach it to find help but what they do find is a dark witch who takes them captive. She plans to eat the children and starts with Hansel by making him eat ton of candy to fatten him up but Gretel frees herself and her brother and then they proceed to kill the evil witch.After this all happens they decide they cannot go back home and decide to make a living as bounty hunters by tracking down and killing witches all over the world. But when 11 children have disappeared from a small town Hansel & Gretel are hired to find the children and kill the witches responsible. The two encounter Muriel( Janssen) a dark witch who plans to use the children in a ceremony during the blood moon to make impossible to ever burn witches again.But as the blood moon approaches the siblings discover the secrets to their past and that not all witches are evil.


Wow looks like the movie is about to finish so I guess maybe we should see really how good it really was. Well when it came to this movie I have to say first and formost that the movie really didn't need to be in 3D, it could have been more effective without it. Next I must say  that while I thought it was an original idea for a movie , I was expecting more, the script was a bit weak but did have its moments.I did enjoy the characters they had but I did find the acting weak and a bit cheesy at times, but I must say it did have some pretty good action scenes. For a January movie release it was ok but not great it could have been a whole lot better which might have made me to actually want to ever see it again.

Oops! The credits are rolling so I guess I better finish off here before we have to leave the theatre. So for this particular movie Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters I am going to give it a rating of 5.7 on the Justin Scale of movies because quite frankly it wasn't an overly strong movie. Now with this rating I must say that this movie gets put on the the Flick-It pile I would recommend that you wait till it comes out on DVD to watch this movie.


Now there we have it the movie is done, the lights are up and our popcorn and drinks are done as well so I guess this means it is time for us to leave the theatre. it's a wrap for this weeks movie review so as always Good morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing I will see you all again at the movies.

Comments