Now We Know That This Is 40

Good day my friends and welcome back, hope you all are doing well and the new year is going great for you so far. Well today I have a special treat for you, an extra movie review for the week. Now I know this movie has been out for a while but I just finally got around to seeing it so here goes. The movie that I am talking about is the sort of sequel to Knocked Up called This is 40.The movie stars Paul Rudd ( 40 Year Old Virgin) as Pete and Leslie Mann ( The Change Up) as Debbie, it is written and directed by Judd Apatow( The 40 Year Old Virgin). So let us see what it is like when you turn 40 in this new comedy shall we.


It has been a little while since since the movie Knocked up but this one centres around Debbie the older sister from the first movie and her husband Pete. Now it is December and both Debbie( Mann) and Pete( Rudd) are turning 40 with Debbie about to first. Debbie is in denial about her age but eventually starts to realize that her and Pete need to make some changes in their lives to make things better and so that they will be happier.Pete has started his own record label that he is struggling to keep going all the while dealing with living in a house of all females his wife Debbie , their two daughters Sadie who is 13 who is going through all the drama of being a teenager and Charlotte who is 8 and just wants her older sisters attention. As the couple approach this monumental moment in life of turning 40 and all the questions and worries that come along with it, they also deal with the issues that they have with one another and the people in their lives with some hilarious results. They must learn to forgive and forget, deal with all the problems they have and  enjoy the rest of their lives before they kill each other.


Wow! Who would have known turning 40 could be so hard but in this case also so funny as well. This movie I found was well done the story was well written and believable as maybe a lot of us can relate with the characters or even know people like that. The humour I found to be great and not to over the top or raunchy as it was perfectly placed and well executed by the actors. This was all in all a really well done movie enjoyable from start to finish, perfect for if you needed a good laugh. The actors used in this movie did an excellent job, I think that Rudd and Mann work well together and had a great supporting cast.


So after all the worries of age I guess the best thing to do is look at it with a little humour. Now comes the fun part my rating of this movie, I would have to give this movie a 8.2 on the Justin Scale of movies. This of course my friends makes this movie a Pick-It, this is one that I would run right out and see at the theatre if I were you in fact  I would probably see this movie more than once as it was that good. It was most definitely a good time at the movies and it kept you laughing through most of the movie.

There you have it my friends another review is in the books so it is time to call it a wrap for this one but stay tuned for more upcoming reviews this week. As always Good morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing I will see you all again at the movies.

Comments