Looking For Jack Reacher

Well hello there my friends , wow it has is been a little while since I wrote my last review here but I did not forget about you all. So without further ado I am here showing up just in time to do my last movie review of 2012 , now I know with there being so many movies having come out this month why did I pick this particular movie to write about and why only one review this month and not 2 or 3 like I promised. There are many answers to all those questions but I feel you came here for a movie review and not a bunch of excuses. But I can tell you one thing friends and that is the name of the movie I am reviewing here. Yes the movie I am reviewing here is Tom Cruise's new movie Jack Reacher which stars of course Tom Cruise(Top Gun, A Few Good Men) as main character Jack Reacher. The movie also co-stars Rosamund Pike( Die Another Day) as defence attorney Helen Rodin and re-teams Cruise with  Robert Duvall( Days Of Thunder, The Godfather) as Cash.This movie is based on the popular Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child which I must admit I have not read but here they are pretty good so I might just have to check them out, this movie is in fact based on the novel" One Shot". So lets get started on our investigation her shall we and leave no stone unturned.


On an ordinary day in Pittsburgh across the river from a parking garage six gun shots are fired out killing five people at random. The police on the search for the shooter find him with great ease and with certain evidence that a former army sniper named Barr had committed this heinous crime. While getting him to confess and make it easier on himself he asks for Jack Reacher( Cruise) a former army investigator who is pretty much a ghost, a man that stays off the grid, a man that is hard to find in fact you don't find him he finds you. Now Reacher has been called upon not to prove the mans innocence but to confirm his guilt as Barr got away with a similar crime when he was a soldier in Iraq, a case that Reacher had been investigating but there was so much more going on in that case and Barr got away with it. Reacher told him that he would be watching and that one day if it happened again he would be there to put him away. Having seen the news report Jack immediately catches a bus to Pittsburgh and shows up at the District Attorneys office while they are trying to figure out how to find him. Asking to see Barr who is now in the hospital in a coma after being beaten by several other prison inmates Reacher meets Barr's defence attorney Helen Rodin (Pike) who also happens to be the daughter of the DA. After explaining why he is here  and that he is not Barr's friend, Helen decides to hire Reacher as the defence council's investigator into this case. At first Reacher declines but has a change of heart and decides to investigate this case but the further he digs he finds that things just don't add up and there is something more going on here, something that is not so simple.


So after having done some investigating and this what I have turned up about this movie and what I have found out is this. The movie itself was pretty good it had a nice blend of suspense,action,drama and humour. It did a good job of keeping you interested in it even during some of the slow parts but seemed to carry itself very well. Now I know for fans of the book Tom Cruise was probably not there first choice in the role or title character Jack Reacher. But in my humble opinion only having seen the movie and not having read the books I enjoyed Cruise's performance as he brought his own form of intensity and charm to this role and enjoyed seeing him reunited with his Days Of Thunder co-star Robert Duvall.The story was interesting but a little hard to watch with all the senseless shootings that have gone on lately here in the real world.All in all a pretty good movie , I thought it was well done and worth my viewing dollars.

Now there you have it I have done my investigation into the movie Jack Reacher and it is time to give my final report. Here is what I am recommending here on my report and that is that when it comes to this movie I give Jack Reacher a 7.7 on the Justin Scale of movies. This of course means that this movie  is a Pick-It and not a Flick-It , it was pretty good definitely worth two hours of my time and $11.25 of my money.

So there you have it my final review of 2012 and as always it is time to call it a wrap on this review and  for this year. As always Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing, I will see you all again at the movies in 2013. Have a safe and happy new year my friends all the best to you in 2013.  

Comments