Taking Hold Of The Possession

Good day my friends , welcome back to another movie review , I hope you all had an awesome weekend .  It's nice you came by to visit so I am not going to play around here you are here for one thing and one thing only and that is my latest review.With this weeks review I take a look at the horror film The Possession which stars Jeffrey Dean Morgan ( The Losers) as Clyde Brenek and Kyra Sedgwick ( The Closer) as Stephanie Brenek. With the fear setting in we must all band together as we attempt to fight off dark and evil forces that attempt to cause harm.


Based on a true story , when newly divorced Clyde Brenek (Morgan) a university basketball coach goes to pick up his two daughters for the weekend to spend at his new house everything seemed to be totally normal . Than while buying some dishes for his new place  with his daughters  at a yard sale his youngest daughter Em finds a strange wooden box with carvings on it that she convinces her dad to buy for her. After many attempts to try and open the box Em opens it one night and soon begins to start exhibiting strange and erratic behaviour to which her mother Stephanie ( Sedgwick) at first thinks it has something to do with the divorce . But as her behaviour becomes increasingly worse as well with her obsession with the box Clyde fears that there is something more wrong with her and starts to check into the strange carvings on the box. What he soon discovers is that there is a malevolent force at work as the box was built to contain a dislocated  spirit known as a dibbuk that if freed it will inhabit and ultimately devour its human host which happens to be Clyde and Stephanie's daughter Em. So Clyde must find a way to free his daughter from the hold of this evil spirit.



Ok the wind seems to be picking up , I just got a chill down my spine and things are getting thrown around the room , but we must hold tight if we expect to defeat this evil and send it back where it came from. First of all I would like to say that I personally thought this movie was really well done , it had a great story line  and I like the fact that it is based on true events which makes it even more scary. The fear and suspense in this story were quite good in this movie which even left me with chills running down my spine. The acting was really well done for a horror movie and you really feeling for this family and the ordeal that they went through . There was really nothing negative I have to say about this movie , for a horror movie it did a good job of entertaining and scaring you at the same time as it kept my a full attention as I was fully wrapped up in the story.


We have this evil spirit almost beaten we just have to stay strong and keep fighting to send it away for good. Well with all that said it is time to give my rating for this movie , so when it comes to The Possession I give this movie a 7.8 on The Justin Scale. This would most definitely have to  make this movie a Pick-It, so if you are in the mood for a good scary movie than you might want to check out The Possession which lets face it there have not been very many good scary movies.

We did it we fought back the evil spirit and sent it away for good so now we can sleep easy knowing that we are safe. With that all being said and done it is time to call it a wrap on another movie review for this week my friends. So as always Good morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening and as always Good Viewing I will see you all again at the movies.

Comments

  1. Great review! I think the scariest part for me was seeing the fingers in Emily’s throat. Natasha Calis did a wonderful job playing the possessed part though. I watched the movie with a few Dish coworkers and one of them said the creepiest part for her was Emily on the swing and how she looked. I would like to see the movie again, but I’m more than okay with waiting for it to come out on DVD, which is why I’ve added it to my Blockbuster @Home queue. I’ll probably never go to another yard sale again...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment