You Sunk My Battleship

Good day my friends hope you are all doing well and welcome to another one of my movie reviews . The movie that I have chosen to review today is the new Sci-fi action movie Battleship Starring Taylor Kitsch (X-Men Origins Wolverine) , Liam Neeson ( Taken) , singer Rhianna and Brooklyn Decker (Just Go With It ) that is inspired by the classic board game.

When an earth like planet is discovered in a distant galaxy scientists on Earth send out a signal into space in 2006 directed to that planet awaiting for a reply. At the same time Alex Hopper ( Kitsch) basically drifting through life with no direction meets the girl of his dreams who happens to be the daughter of Admiral Shane ( Neeson) while out with his brother Stone Hooper a Captain in the Navy. In order to get her to even talk to him he tries to impress her and end up getting arrested instead which makes his brother force him to join the navy and find some direction. Fast forward 6 years and Alex is a Lieutenant now a bit of a screw-up, dating the Admiral's daughter and wanting to ask his permission to marry her . So during an naval exercise event being held in Hawaii known as Rimpac which many nations are taking part in that may be Alex's last for conduct that he has displayed hostile alien forces land in the ocean answering the signal sent out in space with full intention of taking over the planet. This leads Alex to try and stop them as he is in command of one of the only ships left out in the ocean that had not been destroyed or trapped on the other side of a forcefield that the aliens set up around Hawaii.


Well lets get right down to it what did I think of this movie and that can be summed up in few words which are loud , cheesy and weak. Now while it has always been the norm for summer movies to full of action and special effects while giving us all a good show this movie was slow from the start infact I was trying hard to fight off falling asleep in the theatre while waiting for something to entertain me on screen. Taylor Kitsch's performance was not convincing either all his emotions seem the same to me , Liam Neeson was not used well in this movie which I kind of wished they would haved and singer Rhianna seemed to do a pretty good job in her first acting role which was quite possibly the only bright spot in this movie. There was a pretty good idea with this script but it was an extremely movie especially the part where they are trying fire missiles at the aliens buoy sensors on a grid  just as you would on the classic board game which I couldn't help but grain at how cheesy that was along with a lot of some of the lines put in this movie during the heavy action scenes.


Now really a movie based on a board game I mean I could see why with Transformers and G.I Joe but really this what is next Monopoly , Snake And Ladders or Operation is this what movies are coming to that the studio's are so hard up for idea's that they give us this. Now I know after this movie was done people in the theatre were clapping because they enjoyed it I was because this 2hr 10min movie was done. So if you ask me and if you are reading this you are I give this movie a 5 on the Justin Scale mostly for special effects and action sequences and say Flick-It this movie is not worth seeing unless all you want to see things blowing up but I would wait for this movie on dvd if you really wanted to see it.


Now there you have it another movie , another review and is time to cll it a wrap so as always Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening and as always Good Viewing I will see you all again at the movies.

Comments