You Are Invited To The Five-Year Engagement

Hello my friends  and welcome back now I know what you are probably thinking and no it I have not lost track of time it is Sunday and not Wednesday what's going on here don't these reviews usually come along in the middle of the week . Well there's a very simple answer to that and that is because I have a rehearsal for a charity fashion show that I am modelling in on Tuesday and am unable to review a movie on my usual day so you get the review a bit early. Now for the part that you actually came for and the this weeks movie review and this weeks review is of the romantic comedy The Five-Year Engagement starring Jason Segel ( I Love You Man , TV's How I Met Your Mother) who also co- wrote the screenplay and Emily Blunt ( The Adjustment Bureau ) and directed by Nicolas Stoller the other co-writer of the screenplay.

When Tom ( Segel ) a Sous Chef and his girlfriend Violet get engaged after only one year of dating  they start to plan there wedding and are excited about their future together as husband and wife then their plans start to take a detour starting with Violets sister Suzie ( Alison Brie) sleeping with Tom's best friend and co-worker ( Alex) in which she becomes pregnant that leads to Violets sister getting married before her. When Violet gets a job offer at the University Of Michigan Tom gives up his job in San Francisco to go with her on this great opportunity for her career they decide to put off their wedding for a couple years until Violets internship is done.While Violet is enjoying her internship Tom is finding it hard to adjust to the new life in Michigan. But just when it seems that they will soon be going back home Violet's internship is extended for another three years which builds even more tension between the couple and the wedding gets put off again.

I found Jason Segel and Emily Blunt's sarcastic yet sweet humour worked well together and were enjoyable to watch together and did like the idea behind the script. However while there was a some funny moments in this movie it did seem to move a little slow which turned the movie from a five -year engagement into five -year movie experience . The supporting characters had it's ups and downs but were not entirely altogether strong. While I did enjoy most of the humour in this movie and liked the pairing of Jason Segel & Emily Blunt this movie was a little weak and did drag on at times.




So for these reasons I must give this movie a 5 on the Justin Scale of movie ratings and when a movie seems to drag on and is not entirely strong that I must say Flick-It even if I do enjoy the chemistry between the main characters. It would be better to wait for this movie to come out on DVD if you wanted to see it and so in saying that I must call it a wrap on this weeks movie review so as always Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening And as always Good Viewing I will see you all again at the movies.

Comments