The Lucky One Has A Charm




Hello there my friends welcome back , glad you could visit well I bet you are wondering Justin what did you see this week , what was it about , was it good and should I see it . Hold on there I am going to answer all your questions in due time to satisfy your curiosity , so without further ado I will get this weeks review started and end the suspense .

Now my friends with this weeks review I present to you the review of the new Drama / Romance movie The Lucky One based on the novel from author Nicolas Sparks and stars Zack Effron ( 17 Again , Charlie St. Cloud)  , Taylor Schilling ( Mercy) and Blythe Danner ( Meet The Parents ) .

When a marine on his 3rd tour named Logan ( Effron) finds a picture in some rubble after night raid of a young woman with a message on the back that reads "keep safe '' and immediately proves to be lucky as the exact spot where he was standing is hit by a bomb and he survived only because he went to pick up the picture . From that moment on he carries the picture with him and it becomes his good luck charm as he survives thing s in battle when he should have been dead. Upon returning home from his 3rd tour of duty he is bothered by his memories of battle and why he survived so he decides to go and find the woman in the picture that he found in Afghanistan so that he can meet her and thank her for saving his life. His journey leads him to the town of Hamden , Louisiana and a dog kennel run by Beth ( Schilling) the woman in the picture a divorced single mother and her grandmother Ellie ( Danner) , as he is attempting to explain to her why he has come there Beth thinks he is there for a job but finds it strange that a marine would come all the way to Louisiana from Colorado for a job in a dog kennel to which she asks her grandmother Ellie to get rid of him but instead offers him the job. Irritated by Logan at first Beth eventually grows to trust him as Logan builds a friendship with her son and a romance with her to which he finds out the picture belonged to Beth's brother who was a marine that was killed in action. Not only must Logan struggle with the perfect way to tell Beth about the picture and how he found it but he must also deal with Beth's jealous ex-husband in a journey to find out why the picture he found saved his life.

I do have to admit I have never read a Nicolas Sparks novel and cannot tell you if it even follows the book closely  which as we all know in most movies that are made from novels things are changed so it more than likely did get changed for the script of the movie . Even though this was a romance movie which can be cheesy and predictable at times , in my opinion the the story was well told and it carried it self well  and seemed to grab hold of you as it did in my case and keep me interested in where it was going even if it did seem a little predictable . The movie had heart and humour which gave it another good point on my check list of things I look for in a movie . The acting in it was good but not great with the character of Ellie played by Blythe Danner and the part of Beth's son ben stealing the movie from the main characters but Zach Effron did give a decent performance and Taylor Schilling did an ok job but not great.

Well the time has come to call it a wrap on this edition of " Pick-It" or " Flick-It" so lets finish off the review with the part you have all been waiting for what do I give it on The Justin Scale and I would have to say I would give it a 7.0 as it was a good movie and I did enjoy it but it did lose some points in the acting performance and predictability department . Now you are wondering do I Pick-it or Flick -it and the answer is this it is a Pick-it  movie because it had enough elements to keep me interested and enjoy the movie , now guys I know you will probably not  like going to a romance movie but your wives or girlfriends will like this one and it is really not that bad of a movie.

So as always Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening and as always Good Viewing I will see you all again at the movies.

Comments

  1. You should really read the book before you view the movies. This movie totally ruined the book and was definately cheezy. The best line in the whole movie was from the old gay guys sitting behind me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies that I did not read the book , yes maybe I should have but I usually only do one review a week , and chose it as it was the newest release for this week. As we all know and I have altered my review to say so along with admitting that I have not read the books most books are altered when made into a movie . Sorry if I offend you , by not reading the book before I saw the movie. thank you for your input

      Delete

Post a Comment