Lost But Not " Gone"



Hello my friends well you are getting a real treat this week because it is time for another movie review, the 4th one in 3 days aren't you glad I took a week off from my day job to relax and go and watch movies to give you more than one review a week. Well lets get on with tonights review and that is of the new thriller "Gone " starring Amanda Seyfried the new sweetheart of the silver screen . Amanda Seyfried plays Jill a young woman who was abducted by a serial killer from her home two years ago but eventually she escaped and is now living with her sister Molly but lives in constant fear that he might come back to find her . When one morning she comes home from work only to find her Molly missing and all evidence pointing to the same serial killer who kidnapped her so she goes to the police who do not believe her story or that she was even abducted  as Jill has a history of mental instability , so Jill sets out on her own to try and find her sister before her sister is killed and never heard from again. With the the police tracking her and no one believing her she must try to find her sister and face her fear once and for all. This movie had some elements that worked and some that didn't for example what i did like about it was it had good suspense , decent story line and an interesting but flawed main character who lives everyday in fear and anxiety. Now that i listed what I thought worked for me in this film Lets get to the parts of it I think could have been better for one I found it hard to believe that the police would dismiss the fact that there might be a serial killer in the area when so many young women have gone missing  , we could have seen more of Jill's back story right from the beginning of the movie . Some of the characters such as the police detectives could have been better used and while Amanda Seyfried did pull off a convincing victim who is still suffering from post traumatic stress  she did let it slip at times but was still decent enough to keep me interested in the movie, finally they could have used the character of the serial killer a little more in this movie to increase the suspense level a little more. All in all it wasn't a bad movie but it wasn't a great movie , what it did do was it kept me interested in it like I said I liked the suspense level even though it probably could have used more and  I liked the story that that was trying to be told so it will get a 5.5 on the Justin Scale of movies . It wasn't perfect but it but in terms of when it comes to " Pick-It Or Flick-It' I would have to say something I yet to do when it comes to this and say it is border line which means for me it is both "Pick-It" and " Flick-It" because it wasn't a bad movie but it was a little weak at points so if I were you and wanted to go see this movie I would probably " Pick-It" to see on night at the movies when it is cheap night otherwise wait till it comes out on DVD to watch it. Well that is a wrap on another movie review so as always Good Morning , Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing I will see you all again at the movies.

Comments