The Grey Shows it's Colors




Well as promised my friends I am here to give you the second review of the double feature I saw this evening and that is of the latest movie by tough guy  and this decades Clint Eastwood Liam Neeson ( Taken) called The Grey. This movie is about a man named Ottway ( Neeson) who works on the Alaskan oil fields for one reason and that is to keep the oil workers safe from Alaskan timberwolves  but when the plane he is on along with a group of oil workers crashes and only a few are let alive they must fight to survive the attacks of the timberwolves who see them as a threat and hunt them down as they try to make it through the Alaskan wilderness. This movie is plain and simple to explain and deals with man's struggle to survive physically and mentally in the face of tragedy and Liam Neeson gives another good performance  but personally I have seen this kind of movie before and as much as I liked the premise of the film it seemed more like Alive mixed with The Edge without the cannabalism and it had wolves instead of a Kodiak Bear and had the same kind of characters struggling to survive the elements and the wolves . This movie didn't quiet do it for me  I mean it had it's moments but you kind of knew what was going to happen but Liam Neeson did give another fantastic performance in this movie . Soon the Justin Scale of movies I would give this a 5 and say for only the second time ever since I started this blog site " Flick-it" personally for me the story idea was a good but it just didn't catch my attention with only exception being Liam Neeson intensity in his character and the movie had a lot of hype leading up to it but I was some what disappointed in it so I would wait till it comes out on DVD to see it if you would like. Well the time has come to call it a wrap on the second of my double feature review so Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening and as always Good Viewing I will see all again at the movies .

Comments