J. Edgar Another Eastwood Classic



Well hello there my friends tonight I kick of my first blog on the review of the the Clint Eastwood movie biopic J. Edgar which stars Leonardo Dicaprio in the lead role as J. Edgar Hoover one of the best known men in the history of law enforcement in the twentieth century as the head of the F.B.I . almost 50 years . A man who turned the F.B.I .  into a respected and feared law agency and doing this by introducing such things as the F.B.I. crime lab , fingerprint database all the while keeping secret files on prominent people in society and a secret of his own , a secret of his repressed homosexual feelings for his number two man in the agency and personal confidant Clyde Tolson ( played by Armie Hammer) a relationship he kept secret up until the day he died. The movie explores this relationship and Hoover's relationship with his personal secretary Helen Gandy ( Naomi Watts) who kept all of Hoovers secrets and Hoover's relationship with his  own mother played by oscar winner Judy Dench. Eastwood gives us a movie shown through many flashbacks of  a story being told by an older Hoover as he is dictating a book being written about him and the F.B.I. but all the while going back to the present day . This movie presents us with a look at the man and  his personal turmoil , his personal ethics all the while creating the modern day F.B.I. and keeping many secrets both personal and professional. In my opinion this was a well done movie by Clint Eastwood as he never fails to disappoint us with wonderfully directed movies and the casting and acting in the movie as Leonardo DiCaprio gives us a great performance one that could lead to an Oscar nomination. This movie was both fascinating and entertaining especially if you enjoy movies based on historical figures in society and I give it a 7.5 on the Justin Scale of movies based on these facts and it is a Eastwood movie you can always count on him for a good movie. so here comes the million dollar question do I "Pick -It" or "Flick-It" and I definitely "Pick -It" it is a must see . So there you go the review of the movie J. Edgar and I will see all again at the movies Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening and as always Good Viewing.

Comments