Tag! You're It!

Good day my friends! Man it is a hot one out there! You know what though? I am not complaining! I would rather have the nice warm weather than the cold one. But no matter what time of the year it is there are always some good movies to watch. People have asked me in the past "Justin what is your favourite time of year for movie releases?" Most of us, including me do look forward to the summer movie season with all the blockbusters being fired out into theatres like torpedoes from a submarine! But to tell you the truth there is always something great and interesting to watch in theaters. Maybe summer movies have a special place in all our hearts as we can connect them with memories of summers past from our childhood. And it is kind of ironic I mention summer memories as tomorrow is officially the first day of summer and the longest day of the year. Even though we may get older that doesn't mean we still can't keep that childlike wonder and keep making great memories. After all we only get so long on this planet, we might as well make the most out of the time we have! This brings me to what I came here to tell you! The movie review for this week. And this week we are looking at the comedy Tag which stars Jeremy Renner(Avengers) as Jerry, Ed Helms(The Hangover) as Hoagie, Jake Johnson(Jurassic World)as Chilli, Jon Hamm(Baby Driver) as Bob, Annabelle Wallis(Annabelle) as Rebecca, Isla Fisher(Wedding Crashers) as Anna and Hannibal Buress(Neighbors) as Sable. So let's have a little summer fun and play a good ole game of tag or just see if the movie Tag is worth seeing!





As a kid you growing up you had a close group of friends. But as we get older we tend to drift apart and lose that inner child that we have. But for lifelong friends since childhood Jerry(Renner),Hoagie(Helms), Chilli(Johnson), Sable(Buress) and Bob(Hamm) they have found a way to stay close even though they are adults and live in different cities. You see every May for over 20 years they play their annual game of tag that
requires some to travel all over the country. They have a set of rules that they follow that they made for the game from when they were kids. One being that only they were allowed to play and the other that no girls were allowed to play. This is tough for Hoagie's wife Anna(Fisher) who is super competitive and wants in the game in the worst way even helping her husband out. But after the month of May is done the same result always happens and that is that Jerry never gets tagged and never has been since they started playing. Jerry prides himself on it and even come up with elaborate schemes to avoid being tagged. But this year Hoagie has decided that it before the month is up and the game ends for another year that this is the year that they tag Jerry. He gathers all his friends to accomplish this to finally tag Jerry at his upcoming wedding giving them ample opportunities to do this. New York journalist Rebecca Crosby(Wallis) who was interviewing Bob about his company comes along for the ride as this is a much more interesting story for her to write. With all the friends gathered back home for Jerry's wedding they make many valiant attempts with no success to tag Jerry. But as the clock ticks down to the end of the month they must make one last attempt their goal and still keep their friendship as strong as ever.





Well what do you think of that my friends? I know you probably can't really tell to much from a synopsis but I think I explained enough to wet your appetite. For the most part I would have to say that this movie was decent. It had a great chemistry among the cast. It was fun to watch and made you remember the fun times we had with our childhood friends. The story was easy to follow and had a nice blend of humour and heart mixed in together. Isla fisher though really stole the show with her characters over the top competitive streak. The humour was good and found myself laughing a quite a bit. Now while the story was good it could have been a little stronger with a little more detail init and with the main characters. But it did entertain me and did a good job of keeping my interest seeing as how I was really tired from doing a 6.50km run before I went to the movie. So with these reasons I am giving Tag a 7.1 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and putting it on my Pick- It List of movies to see at the theatre. It was fun and worth a watch. And so I guess it is time to call it a wrap on my latest movie review. But before I go, I must make my annual plea to go check out a movie at the theatre to support the hard working individuals who work behind the scenes to make these movies and not illegally download! That being said remember to save me a good seat and keep that popcorn freshly popped because I will be seeing you again at the movies. 

Comments