Is Today A Good Day To Die Hard

Hello my friends , wow this week is just flying by can't believe it it is almost the weekend again and I have yet to do this weeks movie review, I must be slipping. Well in my defence this week I did have a bit of an accident that prevented me from attending the theatre but all is well a few stitches and a minor concussion can't stop me from giving you what you came here for………..this weeks movie review. This week we are taking a look at the #1 movie at the box office this past weekend, and as my niece would say the perfect movie for Valentine's Day "A Good day To Die Hard" . I mean come on Bruce Willis made an awesome Christmas movie with the original Die Hard, so why not make Valentine's Day awesome as well even if it doesn't take place on February 14th it did open up in theatres on that day so technically it's a valentine's Day movie hahaha! This movie stars Bruce Willis(Red,Die Hard1-4)  as NYPD detective John McLane and Jai Courtney( Jack Reacher, Spartacus:Blood And Sand) as Jack McLane in this 5th instalment of the popular movie franchise that propelled Willis to stardom. Well we have hot, buttery popcorn, a cold drink and the lights are dimming as the movie is about to start so lets see  if this Die hard is as good as the others.


NewYork Detective John McLane(Willis) has been worried about his estranged son Jack(Courtney) who seems to have dropped out of site. But after searching he has tracked him down the only thing is that he is in a Russian  prison awaiting a court date, so he sets off to Russia to try and help his son and try to reconnect with him. When he gets to the courthouse in Moscow John see's all hell break loose as some hit men for a powerful politician and former partner of a jailed Russian billionaire named Komarov. They  have come to kidnap and eventually kill the Jailed billionaire before he brings forth evidence that can not only incriminate himself but his former partner. It is only after this that John soon runs into his son Jack and finds out that he is a C.I.A operative assigned to keep Komarov safe and get the evidence needed to help bring down his former partner.But John's interference ruins Jack's plans and soon the two McLanes must work together to protect the witness with hit men on their tail and save the day the only way that the McLane men can.


Well that sounds like an interesting movie doesn't it? Let us keep digging further into this movie before the lights come up and the show is finished so everyone can know how good it is or isn't. Now when it comes to this particular movie it wasn't bad, it wasn't as good as the last Die Hard movie but it still was pretty good in the long run. It wasn't as long as the other 4 movies with a running time of 1hr and 38min. It had a decent script but I found the villain to be a little less intimidating than in the past movies , also there wasn't as much dangerous situations that Bruce Willis's character was trying to escape from.I liked the relationship between the two McLane men and the action scenes that only a Die Hard movie can provide and that little bit of a twist in the plot that sort of sends you for a loop. All in all not a bad movie could have used a little bit more but it seemed to work and in the end I enjoyed it.


Ok so the movie is almost done and we need to hurry up here and give the rating on A Good Day To Die Hard. So I probably have you guessing on what kind of score I am going to give this movie well lets see…….. With all I have said above and the fact that it was an entertaining movie that I did enjoy for my hard earned dollar I would have to give A Good Day To Die Hard a 7.0 on The Justin Scale. It was a pretty decent movie with some good action scenes and the memorable movie lines that you can expect from Bruce Willis in a Die hard movie. Than that brings us to the next part of my rating and that is to answer this question " is it really A Good Day To Die Hard" and I say yes it is it goes on the pile of many of my Pick-it films.

Well the lights have come up and the credits are rolling as people are starting to make their way out of the theatre so I guess that's a wrap for this weeks movie review my friends. As always Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and as always Good Viewing I will see you all again at the movies.

Comments