Just A Bunch Of Blockers

Good day my friends! Hope you all have been well! As for me I am doing fine. Just doing a little writing, enjoying the nice weather and oh yeah watching some movies of course. Have you seen any good movies lately? I hope you have! For me when I watch a movie it is all about my DVD collection and going to the theatre to check out the latest releases. Speaking of latest releases is anyone as excited as I am for the big premiere this Friday of what is expected to be the first blockbuster it of the summer movie season Avengers: Infinity War? I know I am I have my ticket all bought and am counting down the hours until Saturday night when I go and see it! It should be really great! No wait scratch that! It should be really awesome and spectacular! But lets get going here on this review! I can talk about Avengers: Infinity War when I give you my review on it this weekend! Sorry for getting off on a tangent there! You see I just get daly excited about certain movies being released! I guess I am just a big kid at heart. As I have stated in other posts I just love going to the theatre. Ever since I was a kid I have loved going to the movie theatre. No amount of social media or online streaming will ever replace that feeling. There are movies that will make you laugh, make you cry, make you think, scare the shit out of you or get you adrenaline pumping from all action going happening on the big screen. This has been true in every generations movies. And as times change so do movies and the characters. We are living now in a great time of diversity with more actors and actresses from many different cultures being represented and with women taking a more prominent roles in not just the story of the movies but in all aspects of film making. Anyone who might not like this I say to you to get out of the past and into the future people! We have to evolve and show mutual respect for one another. That being said the movie we are reviewing this week is a prime example of what I just said about the changing times. The movie I am talking about is the comedy Blockers which stars Leslie Mann( This Is 40) as Lisa, John Cena( Trainwreck)  as Mitchell, Ike Barinholtz(Neighbours) as Hunter and Kathryn Newton(Three Billboards Outside Ebbing,Missouri) as Julie. So let us take a look at this comedy to see if will leave us rolling in the aisles or sitting in silence.






Lisa(Mann) Mitchell(Cena) and Hunter(Barinholtz) have known each other since their daughters Julie(Newton), Sam and Kayla first started school and now they are in their final year of high school getting ready for their prom night. While the girls have remained the best of friends Lisa, Mitchell and Hunter have kind of drifted apart as friends. Lisa a single mother has been her daughter Julie’s best friend spending every waking moment being close with her daughter, Mitchell has been a house husband and is very protective of his daughter Kayla. Hunter has a strained relationship with his daughter Sam after cheating on her mother and divorcing her which also affected his friendship with Mitchell and Lisa too! But on prom night it seems things are about to get interesting. After Julie tells Sam and Kayla that she is planning on losing her virginity to her boyfriend on prom night Kayla too decides that she will as well with her prom date and Sam struggling with fact that she is a lesbian decides to lose her virginity as well to her boyfriend to see if she is sure she is gay. When the girls and their dates leave for prom in a limo that Hunter rented for them after their pre-prom party that Lisa threw for the girls text message notifications start popping up on Julie’s laptop that Lisa, Mitchell and Hunter see the messages about their sexpact. Lisa and Mitchell decide to stop them but Hunter wants to respect his daughters decision and also has a sense that Sam is gay. As the three parents go from place to place in attempts to stop their daughters from having sex they must come to the conclusion that their they need to trust their kids decisions and know that they taught them well to take care of themselves.






Well what do you think of what the movie is about? I know I didn’t give you a whole lot of detail on the movie but I did give you enough. Know when I went to theatre last night to see a movie I had heard mixed reviews on this one. So I went in with an open mind and let me tell you this movie really did surprise me! It was so much better than I thought or expected from the trailers. This movie had a great story that was kind of like American Pie but instead of a group of boys losing their virginity on prom night it is about three girls. But it didn’t primarily focus on the girls, it focused as well on the relationship between the parents. This movie had everything a teen sex comedy has filled with mishaps and hilarity from the characters. Now for a comedy it was good, some of the acting could have been a little stronger but for this type of movie it really works. Now I know we have seen this type of movie before and after a while they all seem like the same thing but I found this script more on pace with the times. and it even had a line in there about double standards when it comes to boys and girls. I did find though that John Cena was absolutely hilarious in this movie and seems to be getting better at his acting skills. I think that he definitely has a career in comedies it seems! With that being said, I am giving this movie a 6.9 on The Justin Scale Of Movies and putting it on my Pick-It List Of Movies to see at the theatre because this movie I found was just hilarious and with well written jokes and decent acting. Well that’s a wrap here for my latest movie review my friends. As always I remind you to go and check out a movie at the theatre because nothing beats the movie theatre experience. So keep that popcorn freshly popped and save me a good seat because I will be seeing you at the movies.

Comments